Can you cook corn on the cob from frozen?
What's the best instant hot chocolate?
How can you tell if queso is bad?
How can you ripen bananas naturally?
Is KD mac and cheese healthy?
What can I add to hot chocolate?
What does caprese salad go with?
Does coffee with heavy cream break a fast?
Does Trader Joe's sell chipotles in adobo?
Can I keep wings warm in crockpot?
Is Alouette cheese the same as Boursin?
Does Holy Chicken still exist?
Can you defrost bread in an air fryer?
Table of Contents:
- How thick should apple slices be for a pie?
- Are Granny Smith apples good for pie?
- What is the best apple for pie?
- Are Opal apples good for pie?
- Why do Opal apples not Brown?
How thick should apple slices be for a pie?
Are Granny Smith apples good for pie?
For whatever reason, Granny Smith apples have long been considered the favorite for apple pies. This is likely because they are extremely firm, and do not mush under almost any amount of cooking. ... If you combine them with a more sweet and flavorful apple, you will likely create a lovely pie combination.
What is the best apple for pie?
11 Best Apples for Apple Pie
- Honey Crisp. Honey Crisp apples are nice and sweet, and they're a fan favorite in apple pie. ...
- Granny Smith. These tart, green-skinned apples are Ree's favorite pick for apple pie. ...
- Gala. ...
- Pink Lady. ...
- Golden Delicious. ...
- Northern Spy. ...
- Jonagold. ...
Are Opal apples good for pie?
Opal apples do not oxidize when exposed to the air; thus they do not brown and make excellent additions to salads. Their crisp texture holds up well in pies and tarts and is a nice addition to cakes and muffins, but is best used as a fresh eating apple.
Why do Opal apples not Brown?
The reason Opal apples don't turn brown is because they have lower levels of the enzyme that causes the flesh of apples to change color when exposed to oxygen.
- Is corn pudding supposed to be runny?
- What watt microwave is best?
- Is boxed pasta unhealthy?
- Why are my cookies coming out hard?
- Can I cover a cake with whipped cream?
- Do you cut top off cake before icing?
- How long does Cacique chorizo last once opened?
- How much syrup do I put in my coffee?
- How do I know when wine is reduced?
- Can you cook meat in a Aroma rice cooker?
- Are crab wontons and crab rangoon the same thing?
- What does pad thai mean in English?
- What is the richest vanilla ice cream?
- Why is my turkey stock gelatinous?
- Is a stopwatch faster than a timer?
- Do you need to wash fennel?
- What do blue fish look like?
- Can I eat tacos while on a diet?
- Can pasta sauce burn?
- Can chilli burn a hole in your stomach?