Can you cook corn on the cob from frozen?
What's the best instant hot chocolate?
How can you tell if queso is bad?
How can you ripen bananas naturally?
Is KD mac and cheese healthy?
What can I add to hot chocolate?
What does caprese salad go with?
Does coffee with heavy cream break a fast?
Does Trader Joe's sell chipotles in adobo?
Does Popeyes have chicken pot pie?
Is Alouette cheese the same as Boursin?
Can I keep wings warm in crockpot?
Table of Contents:
- What are the sweetest apples for applesauce?
- Do Ginger Gold apples make good applesauce?
- Are Ginger Gold and Golden Delicious the same Apple?
- Can you freeze ginger gold apples?
- What does a Golden Delicious apple taste like?
- What is the most delicious apple?
- Why are Pink Lady apples more expensive?
- Are Pink Lady apples firm or soft?
- Where do Pink Lady apples grow best?
- What two apples make a Pink Lady?
What are the sweetest apples for applesauce?
Since you'll be cooking your apples down, your best apple picks for applesauce are softer varieties like Golden Delicious and Fuji. McIntosh has a tender flesh that easily breaks down when cooked, making it a great choice for sauce. Leave the skin on when you make applesauce for an extra vitamin boost.
Do Ginger Gold apples make good applesauce?
Ginger Gold apples keep their shape when cooked, so they are great for tarts or pie apples. Make an early-season applesauce with a sweet and somewhat spicy flavor. These pale apples are a great fresh out-of-hand snack, and can also be a good variety for drying.
Are Ginger Gold and Golden Delicious the same Apple?
Ginger Gold apple. Ginger Gold was discovered as a chance seedling growing near a Golden Delicious orchard in Virginia in the 1960s. The color, shape, and distinctive long stalk all identify it as a relation of Golden Delicious, yet it has a much earlier season - ripening in mid/late August.
Can you freeze ginger gold apples?
The Ginger Gold apple is excellent for snacking and salads. It is a good apple for pies, sauces and baking. The Ginger Gold apple is not a good candidate for freezing.
What does a Golden Delicious apple taste like?
Golden Delicious apples taste like sweet, spicy apple cider. Some compare their flavor to a McIntosh apple. These apples are very sweet, like honey, and slightly tart but not bitter. The variety is known for its spiced flavor.
What is the most delicious apple?
- Red Delicious. Crunchy and Mildly Sweet. Meet the world's favorite snacking apple. ...
- Gala. Crisp and Very Sweet. You'll go gaga for Gala! ...
- Fuji. Crunchy and Super Sweet. ...
- Granny Smith. Crunchy and Tart. ...
- Honeycrisp. Crisp and Distinctly Sweet. ...
- Pink Lady® (Cripps Pink cv.) Crunchy and Sweet-Tart. ...
- Golden Delicious. Crisp and Sweet.
Why are Pink Lady apples more expensive?
Why is Pink Lady® often more expensive than other apples ? Growing Pink Lady® requires more time and more trained technicians than other varieties. Pink Lady® is the first apple to blossom and the last to be harvested. This long ripening process requires the producer to be at hand at all times.
Are Pink Lady apples firm or soft?
Pink Lady, as compared to the Cripps Pink, is very consistent and always excellent. The texture is very firm and crunchy, not a bit mealy or soft which I despise in apples more than anything. It is the perfect balance of tart and sweet with floral notes.
Where do Pink Lady apples grow best?
What two apples make a Pink Lady?
Pink Lady was bred in Australia in 1973 as a cross between Lady Williams and Golden Delicious. It became available in British shops in the early 1990s.
- Can I put vodka in tiramisu?
- Do hostas like coffee grounds?
- Where did the phrase pico de gallo come from?
- Do lentils taste bad?
- How do you cook basmati rice in a rice cooker?
- How long do you brew black tea?
- Where is bruschetta from?
- How healthy is squash soup?
- How do you make cauliflower rice tender?
- How long will cabbage last in the fridge?
- Why is Granola good for you?
- Is Qdoba brown rice healthy?
- Is chicken noodle soup vegan?
- What kind of whiskey is good for a hot toddy?
- What is a good replacement for sumac?
- Are goulash and spaghetti the same?
- Can I buy vegan Parmesan cheese?
- What can be used instead of cream in Quiche?
- How long does uncooked cauliflower Rice last?
- Does a cup go over or under?