Can you cook corn on the cob from frozen?
What's the best instant hot chocolate?
How can you tell if queso is bad?
How can you ripen bananas naturally?
Is KD mac and cheese healthy?
What can I add to hot chocolate?
What does caprese salad go with?
Does coffee with heavy cream break a fast?
Does Trader Joe's sell chipotles in adobo?
Does Popeyes have chicken pot pie?
Is Alouette cheese the same as Boursin?
Can I keep wings warm in crockpot?
Can cubed steak be a little pink?
Table of Contents:
- What are the two types of tofu?
- Why is my tofu Brown?
- Is it safe to eat moldy tofu?
- How do you make tofu soup smelly?
- What is Fu Yee?
- Why is tempeh so gross?
What are the two types of tofu?
Regular tofu is pressed and has a somewhat spongy texture, and comes in several varieties distinguished by how much water is pressed out. Soft tofu has the least amount of water pressed out, while super-firm has a low moisture content and a dense texture.
Why is my tofu Brown?
The water still in the tofu expands as it freezes, creating holes. And the frozen tofu turns this deep yellow brown color. When you are ready to cook it, start by thawing it. ... If you have the time, it may be easier to skip the cold water and let it sit until the tofu completely cools, then squeeze it out.
Is it safe to eat moldy tofu?
Tofu is often fine to eat after the expiration date (which usually applies to an opened package). ... Color – Moldy tofu is easy to spot (see picture above), it will be slightly blue or green. Smell – The easiest way to tell your tofu is bad is to smell it before cooking it.
How do you make tofu soup smelly?
- Mix the water, stinky fermented bean curd, and white spirit in a large sealable container.
- Add the tofu into the fermented bean curd water.
- Seal the lid and put it in the refrigerator for more than 24 hours.
- Take out the refrigerated soaked tofu and drain it.
What is Fu Yee?
Hi Phong Hong, fu yee is the white coloured fermented beancurd usually taken as a condiment with porridge. Nam Yue is the reddish type which is more salty than the former.
Why is tempeh so gross?
Actually, tempeh is probably a lot less “gross” than tofu, as it doesn't have a soft or weird mouthfeel. … The beans and grains are generally both a little undercooked, so there's some trick to preparing tempeh so that it tastes good- namely adding some kind of moisture (and maybe some fat).
- Can you eat raw pumpkin?
- What produce means?
- How long does homemade French dressing last?
- Which spices go well with broccoli?
- Do you have to boil vegetables before stir fry?
- How long are quesadillas good for?
- What can I use to replace lemon juice in a recipe?
- Is spaghetti marinara vegan?
- Should I soak pumpkin seeds before eating?
- How many Garnish wedges should you be able to get out of a lemon?
- Can you steep cold brew at room temperature?
- Does applesauce have a lot of acid?
- How do I know if my jalapenos are bad?
- Can you put hot mulled wine in a glass?
- What kind of greens are not bitter?
- Are sprouts breakfast sandwiches?
- Is sweet potato for breakfast healthy?
- Is hot lemon water good for you?
- Can you build your own turntable?
- What do I do if my dog ate almonds?