Can you cook corn on the cob from frozen?
What's the best instant hot chocolate?
How can you tell if queso is bad?
How can you ripen bananas naturally?
Is KD mac and cheese healthy?
What can I add to hot chocolate?
What does caprese salad go with?
Does coffee with heavy cream break a fast?
Does Trader Joe's sell chipotles in adobo?
Is Alouette cheese the same as Boursin?
Can I keep wings warm in crockpot?
Does Popeyes have chicken pot pie?
Can you defrost bread in an air fryer?
Table of Contents:
- Can you substitute butter for shortening in oatmeal cookies?
- How do you keep oatmeal cookies moist?
- What can I use instead of shortening in cookies?
- Why do some cookie recipes call for shortening instead of butter?
Can you substitute butter for shortening in oatmeal cookies?
Can I substitute butter for shortening or shortening for butter in a recipe? This is a frequently asked question, especially about baking recipes. The answer is yes, butter or shortening can be used interchangeably in baked goods and can be used as a one-to-one swap.
How do you keep oatmeal cookies moist?
How to Store Oatmeal Cookies so They Stay Soft and Moist?
- Be sure to store them in a well sealed airtight container at room temperature.
- Try adding a slice of bread to the container as well. Just don't lay it directly on cookies or it can make those it's resting on soggy.
What can I use instead of shortening in cookies?
Butter or margarine can be used instead, adding a couple of extra tablespoons per cup of shortening called for in a recipe. So for every 1 cup of shortening called for in a recipe, use 1 cup butter or margarine plus 2 tablespoons.
Why do some cookie recipes call for shortening instead of butter?
Cookies made with butter, especially high-sugar recipes, tend to be flatter and crispier than cookies made with shortening. Because of butter's low melting point, the dough tends to spread during baking before the structure sets.
- Is finely chopped the same as diced?
- What does it mean to butterfly chicken?
- What do you serve with wild goose?
- What etouffee means?
- What do you use matzo meal for?
- How do you make chocolate covered strawberries not leak?
- Where is the seed in a mango?
- How do you wrap a fruit cake for a gift?
- Is celeriac like turnip?
- How long do you Steam clams in a steamer?
- What is the gravy packet in a turkey?
- How many calories is grilled salmon?
- How many calories are in a ham salad?
- How do you cook live lobster?
- How long can you keep clam juice in the fridge?
- Why are steamers so expensive?
- Can you cook with any sake?
- What is USA favorite dessert?
- Is corn on the cob processed?
- What kind of eggs are served at hotels?