Can you cook corn on the cob from frozen?
What's the best instant hot chocolate?
How can you tell if queso is bad?
How can you ripen bananas naturally?
Is KD mac and cheese healthy?
What can I add to hot chocolate?
What does caprese salad go with?
Does coffee with heavy cream break a fast?
Does Trader Joe's sell chipotles in adobo?
Is Alouette cheese the same as Boursin?
Can I keep wings warm in crockpot?
Does Popeyes have chicken pot pie?
Can you defrost bread in an air fryer?
Table of Contents:
- Is sauerkraut a German food?
- Why is sauerkraut so popular in Germany?
- Which country eats the most sauerkraut?
- Did sauerkraut prevent scurvy?
- Did sailors eat sauerkraut?
Is sauerkraut a German food?
Although "sauerkraut" is a German word, the dish did not originate in Germany, as fermenting cabbage as Suan cai was already practised back in the days of the building of the Great Wall of China, the practice was likely transmitted from China to Europe by the Tartars.
Why is sauerkraut so popular in Germany?
For Germans, eating sauerkraut functions as a means of ensuring that the next year will be filled with an abundance of blessings. Specifically, it is believed that the amount of wealth to be gained in the coming year is proportionate to the number of fermented cabbage shreds consumed.
Which country eats the most sauerkraut?
While still, a staple in homes and restaurants, the consumption of sauerkraut in Germany has been declining. Today the average per capita consumption of sauerkraut is approximately 2.
Did sauerkraut prevent scurvy?
Simple, fermented sauerkraut played an important role in helping prevent scurvy — an affliction known in its day as the scourge of the seas, responsible for an estimated two million deaths between 1500 and 1800 — on sailing ships around the world.
Did sailors eat sauerkraut?
To trick them, Cook simply had sauerkraut “dressed every day” for the officers' table. When the enlisted men saw their superiors eating it, they assumed it was a delicacy and requested some for themselves.
- How do you put marmalade in a jar?
- What's an Italian steak sandwich?
- How many carbs are in corn fritters?
- Does McDonald's use horse meat in their burgers?
- What is on a New York hot dog?
- What goes in cheap sausages?
- How do you make a chicken dance?
- What can you do with Parmesan rinds?
- What's in a limeade at Sonic?
- Where does basmati rice come from?
- Is canned corned beef ready to eat?
- What kind of mushrooms are at the grocery store?
- How do you make the perfect size burger?
- Can you eat okra on the Mediterranean diet?
- How do you decorate a ginger house?
- How do you dry sauteed vegetables?
- What is hazelnut spread good with?
- Which tea is best for throat?
- What is the trick to shucking corn?
- What temperature is medium rare for tri tip?