Can you cook corn on the cob from frozen?
What's the best instant hot chocolate?
How can you tell if queso is bad?
How can you ripen bananas naturally?
Is KD mac and cheese healthy?
What can I add to hot chocolate?
What does caprese salad go with?
Does coffee with heavy cream break a fast?
Does Trader Joe's sell chipotles in adobo?
Is Alouette cheese the same as Boursin?
Can I keep wings warm in crockpot?
Does Popeyes have chicken pot pie?
Can you defrost bread in an air fryer?
Table of Contents:
- What should fudge look like after beating?
- Should you cover fudge to cool?
- How long should you boil fudge?
- How long does condensed milk fudge last?
- Why does my fudge get sugary?
- Can you overcook fudge?
- Can I make fudge without a candy thermometer?
- How can I tell if I have a hard crack stage without a thermometer?
- Can you use a digital thermometer for candy?
- What candy thermometer do professionals use?
- What's the best instant read thermometer?
- How can I check my candy without a thermometer?
What should fudge look like after beating?
The fudge should be warm but not burning hot. Stop beating when the surface of the mixture starts to look dull or matte. Pour immediately into a mould that has been buttered or lined with parchment paper and let cool completely.
Should you cover fudge to cool?
To keep homemade fudge at its best, cover it tightly with waxed paper, foil, or clear plastic wrap. Once wrapped, store it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. If the recipe specifies that you store it in the fridge, be sure to keep it there. Fudge can also be frozen for later use.
How long should you boil fudge?
Determining when the fudge is done. Start checking the fudge for doneness after 10 minutes of boiling. If you are using a thermometer, your fudge is ready when it reaches 235°F. Or go old-school and use the soft ball test.
How long does condensed milk fudge last?
about 2 weeks
Why does my fudge get sugary?
It might be that you haven't dissolved all the sugar before boiling the fudge mixture. It could be that there just wasn't enough fluid or fat to enable the sugar to dissolve or it might even be that the fudge wasn't beaten long enough or hard enough. All of these factors could be the cause of grainy fudge.
Can you overcook fudge?
Candy that isn't cooked long enough will end up too soft; overcooking makes fudge crumbly or hard. High-quality fudge has many small crystals. If the process of crystallization begins too early, fewer crystals form and they become much larger.
Can I make fudge without a candy thermometer?
Use cold water to test the temperature of your candy You don't need a candy thermometer to make your favorite sweets. ... Every few minutes, drop a small spoonful of syrup into the cold water. Let the candy cool for a second, then form it into a ball with your hand.
How can I tell if I have a hard crack stage without a thermometer?
If you don't have a candy thermometer, you can use the cold water test in a pinch: Drop a spoonful of hot syrup into cold water, then remove the candy from the water and attempt to bend it. If your syrup has reached the hard-crack stage, it will form brittle strands in the water and crack as you bend it.
Can you use a digital thermometer for candy?
If you're going to use a meat thermometer to boil sugar and make candy, a digital thermometer may be more useful than the traditional, metal and coil style of a meat thermometer. ... A candy thermometer will always be the best choice for making candy.
What candy thermometer do professionals use?
Overall, the Lavatools PT12 Javelin Digital Instant Read could be used as a professional candy thermometer. Home bakers and professional candy makers will enjoy that it is easy to read, extremely accurate, and convenient to store.
What's the best instant read thermometer?
- Our pick. ThermoWorks ThermoPop. The best instant-read thermometer. ...
- Our pick. ThermoWorks Dot. The best leave-in-style probe thermometer. ...
- Also great. Lavatools Javelin Pro Duo. The midlevel instant-read option for enthusiasts. ...
- Upgrade pick. ThermoWorks Thermapen Mk4. When precision matters most. ...
- Also great. ThermoWorks ChefAlarm.
How can I check my candy without a thermometer?
To check your sugar syrup has reached the correct stage without using a sugar thermometer, place a bowl of very cold water next to the hob. Using a clean spoon, carefully take a little of the syrup and drop it into the bowl of cold water. Leave to cool for a moment then pick up the ball of syrup.
- What goes on top of pie crust before baking?
- What's the best canned pie filling?
- What do you eat Scotch eggs with?
- What's the difference between grass fed butter and regular butter?
- What season is it in France?
- Can Walnuts be poisonous?
- Does mayonnaise go bad?
- What can I add to hot chocolate to make it better?
- What is the best hot drink for weight loss?
- What is the difference between salsa verde and salsa roja?
- Why was Szechuan sauce discontinued?
- Can I use coffee beans as pie weights?
- How long do you leave steak in the oven?
- What is the smoothest brandy?
- Can you microwave focaccia?
- Is fresh chilli hotter than dried?
- What does this emoji mean ??
- What is another word for platter?
- Which is healthier scrambled or over easy eggs?
- What is James Bond's drink of choice?