Can you cook corn on the cob from frozen?
What's the best instant hot chocolate?
How can you tell if queso is bad?
How can you ripen bananas naturally?
Is KD mac and cheese healthy?
What can I add to hot chocolate?
What does caprese salad go with?
Does coffee with heavy cream break a fast?
Does Trader Joe's sell chipotles in adobo?
Does Popeyes have chicken pot pie?
Is Alouette cheese the same as Boursin?
Can I keep wings warm in crockpot?
Table of Contents:
- How long do you blind bake shortcrust pastry for?
- Why does my pie crust split when I roll it out?
- How do you keep a pecan pie from leaking out of crust?
- Can I use aluminum foil instead of parchment paper for pie crust?
How long do you blind bake shortcrust pastry for?
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Fill the pastry case with a round of baking paper and add baking beans (see tip) to weigh it down. Bake for 15 mins, then carefully remove the paper and beans and cook the pastry for 5 mins more (this is called baking blind).
Why does my pie crust split when I roll it out?
If your pie dough breaks and crumbles when you try to roll it out, it's probably too dry. This is a relatively easy fix. Just sprinkle some cold water over the dough with your fingers and work it in—gently! ... If your dough gets too warm, send it back into the fridge to chill out.
How do you keep a pecan pie from leaking out of crust?
(Buttering the pie plate is important especially for a pecan pie. The filling tends to leak through the bottom crust and stick, making serving difficult.) One way to prevent that leakage is to paint the bottom crust with slightly beaten egg white before adding the filling.
Can I use aluminum foil instead of parchment paper for pie crust?
If you need to use parchment to blind-bake a pie crust or to steam food in the oven, aluminum foil will work in a pinch. However, you need to make your foil packet double-thick for steaming unless you're using heavy-duty foil. Regular foil will tear too easily and release the steam you need for cooking.
- How long do you cook corn in the microwave for?
- Can I use granulated sugar instead of caster sugar in shortbread?
- Why is chicken stock so good for you?
- Is almond flour good past best by date?
- How long do I cook a burger on gas grill?
- Is there another name for escarole?
- What's the difference between remoulade and mayonnaise?
- Is it healthy to grill chicken?
- What kind of sauce goes on pizza?
- Should omelettes be brown?
- Can eating boiled eggs help lose weight?
- Is Hominy a bad carb?
- Does goose taste gamey?
- What do you do with marshmallow fudge that is too soft?
- What is the benefit of tapioca?
- What does baking soda do to ground beef?
- Does homemade yogurt have more probiotics than store-bought?
- Can you lose 25 pounds in 2 weeks?
- How do you tenderize an artichoke?
- Can you cook white beans without soaking them?