Why is the texture of my cake so hard?
Your cake is too dense A cake that is overly dense typically has too much liquid, too much sugar or too little leavening (not excess flour, as is commonly thought). ... A cake that bakes too slowly takes longer to set and may fall, causing a dense texture.
Why is my pound cake dense and rubbery?
Why is my cake so dense and heavy? Chances are not enough air was incorporated into the butter and sugar. This could be because the creaming time wasn't long enough, or because the sugar, eggs or flour were incorporated too quickly.
Can you substitute self-rising flour for all purpose flour in pound cake?
To substitute self-rising for all-purpose flour, look for recipes that use baking powder: about ½ teaspoon per cup of flour, minimum. ... Self-rising flour will work just fine in recipes using about 1/2 teaspoon (and up to 1 teaspoon*) baking powder per cup of flour.
Is unbleached flour good for pound cake?
Tips for the Best Pound Cake: Use unbleached all purpose flour for the best flavor. Stick with unsalted butter so you can control the amount of salt added. ... Add room temperature ingredients (eggs and cream cheese) so ingredients blend well and cake rises better.
Does pound cake need a mixer?
You don't need a stand mixer to make a butter cake or pound cake, but it sure helps. Begin by beating the softened butter at medium speed until fluffy and light in color, about three minutes. Add the sugar and continue to beat for about four minutes longer.
- What is something that weighs 1 pound?
- What kind of ham does Cracker Barrel use?
- Did the Pilgrims eat apples?
- What type of cherry is the sweetest?
- What is substitute for corn flour?
- Can you use parchment paper in a cast iron skillet?
- How do you make Jamie Oliver flour and water pasta?
- How do you order pizza in Italy?
- Is it better to make smoothies with fresh or frozen fruit?
- Is there sugar free molasses?
Most popular articles
- Should I spray my cupcake liners?
- Do gluten free cakes taste different?
- What can I make for dinner with an empty fridge?
- What state has the best wings?
- Should I put sugar in my rib rub?
- Do I need to cure a glazed tagine?
- Why does my potato salad turn watery?
- What is a big word for hurry up?
- What happens if you bake edible cookie dough?
- Can I freeze Stilton sauce?