What type of flour is best for chocolate chip cookies?
How do I make my own self-raising flour?
It's really simple to make and only takes about two seconds. For each cup of flour, whisk together with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Make sure to whisk all of these ingredients together well so that the baking powder and salt are both evenly distributed within the flour.
Is it OK to bake with expired flour?
Should you use flour that “expired” in 2008? Absolutely not. ... While the flour itself remains stable, its added baking powder gradually loses potency — just like the can of baking powder in your cupboard does. Yes, you can bake with self-rising flour after its best-by date; but your baked goods may not rise as well.
What can you do with expired wheat flour?
Here's 11 other ways to put flour to use, and not toss money into the garbage.
- Use It As A Natural Ant Repellant In Your Home. ...
- Make Play Dough. ...
- Make Homemade Glue For Collages & Paper Mache. ...
- Clean Your Deck Of Cards. ...
- Use As An Organic Insect Repellent In Your Garden. ...
- Save With Homemade Fabric Starch. ...
- Fight Pimples & Acne.
How do I get rid of old flour?
Refined flour (white flour) will last a good long time — up to two years — if stored in a cool, dry place. After that? It can take on a sour smell, so into the trash it goes. Another thing to remember: Keep refined flour in an airtight container, otherwise an insect called the flour weevil may find its way in.
What can you do with expired corn flour?
Cornstarch should be kept covered in a cool dark place (the pantry) away from moisture. The best way to store it is in its original container with the lid re-sealed. As long as it remains dry, it will remain safe to use since the shelf life of cornstarch is really indefinite.
Can you use flour as fertilizer?
Wheat, fresh or not, is an organic fertilizer which can be used directly on the soil. Any ground up nut, bean, grain, or seed can be used to fertilize the plants. ... Composting the flour first is like buying fertilizer and composting it - a waste of fertilizer.
Where can I get free fertilizer?
- 13 Sources of Free Fertilizer.
- Free Mulch or Compost from Community Programs. ...
- Horse or Cow Manure from Local Ranches. ...
- Rabbit Manure from Friends and Family. ...
- Juicing Pulp from Local Juice Bars. ...
- Coffee Grounds from Local Coffee Shops. ...
- Not-So-Pretty Produce from Grocery Stores and Produce Stands.
- What can I dip cookies in instead of milk?
- How good is millet flour?
- Why you should stop eating honey?
- What are the disadvantages of having soft water?
- What's the best cooler to buy?
- Is it OK to eat stale pretzels?
- Does Jello have pork?
- Is it OK to cook canned tuna?
- Can you cook chicken at 50 degrees?
- Can I use regular scissors to cut chicken?
Most popular articles
- What's the difference between saffron and turmeric?
- Who makes the best Dutch processed cocoa powder?
- Is Egg masculine or feminine in French?
- What did DuPont do wrong?
- What is the 7th day of Passover?
- What happens if you eat too much vanilla extract?
- How do you tell if cooked tapioca pearls is spoiled?
- Is it bad to leave applesauce out?
- How do you make half and half with almond milk?
- Does annatto contain MSG?