Why don't we pronounce the l in salmon?
The L in “salmon,” the name of a fish, is not pronounced. It has to do with the way the word evolved through different languages. However, there is a surname, Salmon, in which the L is pronounced. It is a form of the name “Solomon.”
Why is French so pretty?
Another reason why people find FRench language charming is the intonation. French language has an ardent dedication to “euphony” or the quality of sounding harmonious. There are rules to make sure that French always sounds like a song or an old fashioned drama. It is not just a coincidence.
What is the hardest to pronounce word?
The Most Difficult English Word To Pronounce Rural. Otorhinolaryngologist. Colonel. Penguin.
What is the longest word in the world that takes 3 hours to say full word?
A word of warning… the “word” takes about 3.
Is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a real word in the dictionary?
The Oxford English Dictionary defines the word as "a nonsense word, originally used esp. by children, and typically expressing excited approbation: fantastic, fabulous", while Dictionary.com says it is "used as a nonsense word by children to express approval or to represent the longest word in English."
Is there any word without vowel?
Words with no vowels Cwm and crwth do not contain the letters a, e, i, o, u, or y, the usual vowels (that is, the usual symbols that stand for vowel sounds) in English. ... Shh, psst, and hmm do not have vowels, either vowel symbols or vowel sounds.
What word has the most letters?
What Is The Longest English Word?
- antidisestablishmentarianism - opposition to the disestablishment of the Church of England - 28 letters.
- floccinaucinihilipilification - the estimation of something as worthless - 29 letters.
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis - a supposed lung disease - 45 letters.
What are nice words?
What is the most cutest word?
What's The Cutest Word In The World?
What is a unique word?
To explain this very simply, a unique word is one that's unusual or different in some way. It might have a complicated history or interesting connections to another language. But, primarily what makes an English word interesting is its unusual spelling, pronunciation or meaning.
What is the ugliest word in the English language?
In his last survey conducted in 2009, the words vomit, moist, puke, phlegm, slaughter, snot, ugly, damp, and mucus, topped the list for ugliest.
- Can you eat fruit on sugar detox?
- Can I seal a bag with an iron?
- What is the first step in making ice cream?
- What is chicken on a stick called?
- Should I soak my deer meat?
- Whats a good price for a grinder?
- Why is my food tasting bland?
- Can you put buttermilk in coffee?
- What is the most expensive chefs knife in the world?
- Does Will Hunting end up with the girl?
Most popular articles
- Do jalapenos get hotter the longer they stay on the plant?
- How long does it take to thaw frozen okra?
- What happens if you eat sweet peppers everyday?
- What is a typical Spanish meal?
- What is similar to ancho chili?
- Are rice noodles in pad Thai gluten free?
- At what temp does glass break?
- What are the 5 ways of cooking vegetables?
- What happens when you first go gluten free?
- Can you use any cheese for mac and cheese?