How do I know if cabbage is bad?
An old cabbage will smell like, well, an old cabbage. Some other common traits that will be noticeable before the smell is shrinking or shriveling outside leaves on the whole cabbage. Cut cabbages will begin to turn a grayish black color on any cut edge as they begin to age.
Are the outside cabbage leaves edible?
Outer cabbage leaves – Many people are guilty of throwing away this part of the cabbage, but the leaves are a powerful source of vitamins A, C and B. Instead try new recipes like kimchi and ferment the leaves.
How much of the cabbage can you eat?
Slice across the leaves and stem. Cut across the width of each half to make cabbage pieces as thin or thick as you desire. Thin shreds of ⅛" (3 mm) are ideal for coleslaw or sauerkraut, but thicker slices are fine for soups, or if you have a dull knife. Both the stem and leaves of napa cabbage and bok choy are edible.
What is the best way to grow broccoli?
Plant your broccoli where it will get least 6 hours of sun daily and has fertile, well-drained, moist soil with plenty of organic matter. Mulch will help keep the ground cool and moist. The soil pH should be between 6.
Should you trim broccoli leaves?
However, for those of us who garden, broccoli is terrifically tasty as well as a trouper in the veggie patch. This sturdy plant begins by giving us a large head which needs to be trimmed and eaten before it becomes a flower.
- What are the bad effects of ginger?
- Are Cutco knives better than Henckels?
- Do catfish like fake worms?
- Can almond milk substitute for heavy whipping cream?
- Do you remove the casing from andouille sausage?
- How do you know when to pick a lime?
- Do flat tummy shakes work?
- What can I do with broken phyllo dough?
- How do I get 100 discount games on Steam?
- Can I drink RumChata straight?
Most popular articles
- Why is it called Buddha Bowls?
- How long does cooked turkey breast last in the freezer?
- Can I freeze deli sliced corned beef?
- Does beans go bad in the fridge?
- What is the best Cretan olive oil?
- What's the best way to store turnips?
- What is a 4 bird roast called?
- Is 1000 joules a lot?
- What wood is best for a cutting board?
- How do you cook frozen English muffins?