What to do with shortening after frying?
Is It OK to Reuse Your Fry Oil?
- Yes, it is OK to reuse fry oil.
- ① Once you've finished frying, let the oil cool. ...
- ② Place a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth (even better if you use both) over the container you plan to store it in and strain the oil. ...
- ③ Store the oil in a cool, dry place.
Can you use Crisco to deep fry?
Crisco may be used in a deep fryer. The deep fryer may be filled with Crisco to within 1/2 inch of the fill line. The shortening should be heated to between 365 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit before the food is added. Foods that stand up well to deep frying include fish, poultry and vegetables.
Is there a difference between cheap and expensive flour?
For the most part, there's not a huge difference between cheap and expensive flour. You might pay extra depending on what store it's from, the type of packaging, if it's unbleached or organic, and the branding on it, but the flour is the same.
Can I add gluten to all-purpose flour?
Bread flour ingredients: Vital wheat gluten, also known as wheat gluten or wheat gluten flour, is a finely milled powder that can be purchased in the baking aisle at grocery stores and online. You can add it to all-purpose flour to increase the protein content, essentially creating homemade bread flour.
- Can you mix Remy Martin with Coke?
- Can you eat chickpeas everyday?
- What are the best crackers for cheese?
- Does Pineapple help feminine odor?
- How can I feed a family of 4 for cheap?
- Can you eat baby clams?
- Is there a way to ripen a pineapple faster?
- Can you freeze raw burgers with egg?
- Is it OK to thaw and refreeze bread?
- Can black bean sauce go bad?
Most popular articles
- What is the difference between Dutch process cocoa and regular cocoa?
- Why Vodka is a ladies drink?
- What is a drink container called?
- Does a gas oven take longer to cook?
- Why is my broccoli cheese soup gritty?
- What fish is good batter?
- What is a substitute for bulgogi sauce?
- Why is my fish skin not crispy?
- What's the best sugar free chocolate?
- How much is prime rib at Publix?