How can I measure 3/4 cup without a measuring cup?
Take a cup of water or something. Then split it into 4 equal parts (4 tablespoons each), and then add 3 of those parts together, and you have 3/4 cup, same as 12 tbsp. It's pretty simple, much simpler than measuring out fifths of a liter or something.
What to use instead of measuring cups?
What Can I Use Instead of Measuring Cups?
- 1/8 teaspoon is about one good pinch between your thumb and both your forefinger and middle finger.
- 1/4 teaspoon is about two good pinches between your thumb and both your forefinger and middle finger.
- A teaspoon is about the size of the tip of your finger (joint to tip).
Can you use a mug to measure a cup?
A mug is not a measuring cup. If you're cooking by volume measurements, having an accurate set of dry measuring cups, accurate liquid measuring cups of a few different sizes (a two-cup measure and a four-cup (one quart) measure are a good place to start). ... In the US, one cup equals approximately 240 milliliters.
How can I measure a cup of flour without a measuring cup?
Here's how to get a pretty accurate measurement without the use of a scale:
- Use a spoon to fluff up the flour within the container.
- Use a spoon to scoop the flour into the measuring cup.
- Use a knife or other straight edged utensil to level the flour across the measuring cup.
Are liquid cups and dry cups the same?
Dry measuring cups are designed to measure dry ingredients like flour, nuts, and berries, while liquid measuring cups are designed to measure liquids like water, cooking oil, and yogurt. ... They allow you to pour a liquid into the cup and bring it even with a measurement line without spilling.
How much should 1 cup of flour weigh?
A cup of all-purpose flour weighs 4 1/4 ounces or 120 grams.
What does 1/2 cup flour weigh?
Because a 130 grams of flour is always 130 grams of flour....
|Printer Friendly Page|
|Flour (All purpose or plain)||1 cup||130 grams|
|Flour (Cake)||1 cup||120 grams|
|Flour (Whole Wheat)||1 cup||130 grams|
|Potato Flour||1 tablespoon 1/2 cup||12 grams 80 grams|
Does all flour weigh the same?
All purpose and bread flour generally weigh the same. Cake flour is lighter and weighs less. ... They lighten the flour by tossing it with the scoop quite a few times. They then spoon it into the cup – hence 20 grams less than the stir and scoop method.